Few words about us
We know our job
W estside Septic Design started in 2009, but has over 30 years experience in the wastewater industry. Keith Pelzel was a septic installer for 30+ years before getting his designers license. His field experience has enhanced our design performance and helped us to create clear and concise plans that can easily be read, reviewed and installed.
Site and Soil Evaluations (Perk tests)
- This includes the excavation of soil logs to determine the soil type and depth. This will tell us what type of system will be required.
Septic System Design
- New designs involve vacant properties that will be assessed for feasibility of a new approved septic system per code. Repair Designs may be difficult. We will provide you with the most cost effective system to be approved by the local health jurisdiction. Click Here for design examples.
Septic System Remodels for building permits
- WSD will evaluate your site and situation and derive the best possible plan to obtain Health Department approval for additions, remodels, ADU buildings and detached structures.
Winter Water Table Reviews
- WSD has had great success with high water table sites. We do everything possible to lower water tables for the best possible results. We will follow the high water table review process to evaluate the possibility for on-site sewage disposal per county code.
Subdivisions & Boundary Line Adjustments
- Soil type determines the minimum lot size for subdivisions on properties served by septic systems. We will work with you and follow the county guidelines to meet your goals for lot configurations.
Commercial Wastewater Design
- WSD can assist in many different types of commercial applications. We derive maximum flows and waste strengths from any type of business or restaurant establishment that will meet the requirements of the county Health Department.
- WSD is equipped with the survey gear and computer aided drafting programs to generate extremely accurate site plans.
Excavating and Clearing
- WSD owns three mini excavators. A small 4500 lbs excavator for accessing back yards and tight areas, a medium 7500 lbs excavator for light clearing and test holes, and a large 10,000 lbs excavator for heavily wooded/brushed sites and geotechnical test holes.. We also dig curtain drains, clear sites of brush, and light excavation work. (We have pictures of the excavators)
- WSD will provide clients all available options for development and/or repair so your intentions may proceed.
- WSD has two State Certified Septic Designers licensed in Washington State.
Specializing in King, Pierce, Kitsap & Thurston Counties
- Most of our projects are located in King, Pierce, Kitsap and Thurston Counties although we will work in other counties in Washington.